How to Child Safe for Cyberbullying | Total Security Software

How to child safe for cyberbullying | total security software


our child could be the victim of harassment from Internet users, known or not, who, through their comments or videos, would seek to harm him.

Watch out for any sudden changes in your teenager's behavior as cyberstalking can lead to the worst extremes, especially among younger people. Know that cyberstalking is punishable by law; it is possible to lodge a complaint against the perpetrator (s) of the harassment regardless of their age and you can request the removal of the content from the publisher of the site or service. In the event of school harassment, the school management must be notified immediately.

Finally, your child may also be aware of such situations. He must neither relay comments or videos nor keep them in silence.

Sharing Your Privacy on Social Networks.

Online and offline, your privacy is better. Some advice for children (which also applies to adults).

  • Avoid revealing too much information about your identity (surname, first name, address, telephone number, etc.); never do it in the presence of strangers.
  • Do not disclose your lifestyle habits, which would identify you and/or locate you.
  • Protect your profiles on social networks using the tools provided. All social networks offer privacy settings and advice pages.
  • Focus on secure sites that you can trust. To recognize them is very simple: they all start with “HTTPS” and a small padlock appears, depending on the browser used, in the address bar or at the bottom of your browser window.
  • Do not share information or explicit or contentious content and all the more so, illegal content.
  • Only agree to physically meet people whose identity is certain and known and to go to the meeting accompanied.
  • To prevent the online sharing of explicit content by young people - and the not so young - (sexting,  cams, etc.), it is very important to make your teenager aware of the risks to which he is exposed and which could continue him throughout his life.

Illegal Downloading and Streaming.

Be careful with sites or networks that offer to download, watch and listen, free or not, content (movies, series, or songs) and pirated software. In addition to being distributors of counterfeits, they are a source of exposure to pornographic content and malware. Advertising cookies are often installed and relay offensive images.

Fake news or "Fake news".

Teach your child to be vigilant about the information circulating on the internet, especially on social networks.

Develop critical thinking skills and teach them not to believe everything they see or read on the Internet. To do this, give it the reflex to check the sources of information by directing it to the sites whose relevance you yourself have verified.

Online shopping.

Make sure your child cannot make purchases or access paid services without your supervision.

The operators provide you with free options for blocking SMS + and other value-added services, such as premium rate calls.

They allow you to deactivate the micropayment options offered by operators on both fixed and mobile.

On your own equipment (smartphone, computer, tablet), remember to lock access so that your children do not buy online without your authorization.

THE 10 GOLDEN RULES FOR GOOD SMARTPHONE USE:

  • As soon as I purchase the smartphone, I note and keep the IMEI number of his mobile, a real “anti-theft device” for the smartphone; install Total security software.
  • I use a headset when I phone;
  • I recycle my “old” smartphone in stores;
  • I control my consumption and its costs by choosing a suitable package;
  • I speak softly in places and public transport;
  • In two-wheelers or by car I let the messaging service answer;
  • In class, I turn off my cell phone;
  • I inform my parents or those around me if in doubt about content, message, software, etc.
  • I remain as vigilant in the virtual world as in the real world;
  • I don't do to others what I wouldn't want to be done, especially when posting photos and videos on social media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Not to Restart Your Computer if It Is Infected With the Ransomware | Total Security

What Is a Ransomware Virus and How Do You Protect Your Computer From It | Total Security

What is a zero-day threat? Free Antivirus Software